12-12-12 Main Page
About this website
View the exploded list of all World Issues
Search the BBC Archives
Download the free 12-12-12 book
Search the CIA Archives
Search the UN Archives
1.10.150 Positive repercussions to public companies that take part
What if you were put in charge of the World tomorrow? How would
you run the planet?
If you have arrived onto this page from an external link or search engine,
the material below will make no sense whatsoever unless you know why
www.12-12-12.org was written. A very brief summary can be read by clicking here
This globally popular educational and research website lists every national
and international problem in the world in a rather unusual and entertaining
way, so remember to bookmark www.12-12-12.org in your favourites
folder! For the record: Andronicos the author does not profess to greatness in any shape or form. Lets continue.................
Andronicos "The Great" as Director of the Human Race and Manager Planet Earth commands and Andronicos "The Cynic" responds as follows.........
Corporate power: some facts and figures
- Of the 100 richest economies, 51 are now corporations. For instance, sales by General Motors are greater than the GDP (Gross Domestic Product) of Denmark, or Ford than South Africa.
- The World's 200 largest corporations now control 28% of the global economy, yet need to employ only 0.3% of its population to achieve that.
- The sales of the World's largest 200 corporations are equivalent to 30% of global domestic product. Their total annual sales (US$7.1 trillion) are larger than the combined GDP of 182 countries (i.e. all but the largest nine countries).
- About one-third of global trade is really intra-corporate trade, i.e. one subsidiary exporting to another subsidiary controlled by the same corporation.
- American corporations pay less in US taxes than they receive in public subsidies from US taxpayers. In 1994, US corporations received $167 billion in tax breaks, to be compared with $50 billion in total federal expenditure on welfare (AFDC).
- Business Week reports in 1997 that the compensation for American CEOs of these same publicly subsidised corporations has soared to an average of US$5.5 million per year, while the wages of the working population remained stagnant. In the 1960s, CEOs' salaries were 30 times greater than those of the average worker; compared with 200 times today.
- For every dollar in total taxes (local, state and Federal) paid by individuals, corporations used to pay 76 cents in the early 1950s (1950-54). By 1980-92 corporate taxes are down to 21 cents per dollar of individual taxes. In Canada, even in a year of record corporate profits, like 1996, corporate income taxes were down to 14.5 cents for each dollar of individual taxes.
Enough of the negative stuff of the preceding few pages. Deep down I'm not that nasty. In fact I'm a sheep in wolf's clothing - call me Mr Baabaa.
Let's be positive and share in the commendations to the good guys.
It will not only be wonderful publicity for all such organisations, but I request that members of the public and other corporations specifically buy products from these "investors in the human race". Such kind hearted organisations whose Boards of directors can see further than their noses, will be identified by their frequent use of the new Global Flags throughout their product advertising.
Furthermore, I request suppliers who already have negotiated contracts with public companies that invest in War Bonds, give a very small unilateral discount during the life of their contract. Something as small as 0.5% given at invoice time with the words "We commend your participation in the 12-12-12 initiative" will not go unnoticed and to a giant multinational will make a difference to bottom line profitability and share price.
External links relating to topics found in the 12-12-12 book and website
Many external links have been included which voice various opinions on the subject matter. They are an invaluable tool for research and general discussion.
Quick Links for The Blueprint for the Eradication of Extreme Poverty and War by December 12th 2012
Simple Site Map
All the 600 issues (or topics) to bring about World Peace and the
eradication of extreme poverty by December 12th 2012 are divided up into 12 main headings as found on the home page. Alternatively, you may find useful navigation hints below:
- Download and optionally print the 12-12-12 book in whole or in
- Read a whole section online via the home page or via the
exploded list index of all issues
- Read each issue one by one. This is ideal if your internet speed is slow, or you wish to quickly translate a page
- Search for a particular topic that is of interest to you
- Listen to Andronicos "The Great's" unusual speech
- Talk about the material in Senior High School or College lessons using the discussion topics (view some examples here)
- Recite a touching poem about World Peace: The Ancient Song of The Human Race
Please note: this website is written in British English
It will take an average person 12 hours to read and understand the contents
of this website and listen to 'The Speech'. Is one hour a day for
12 days too long? Why don't you email the www.12-12-12.org link to 12 of your friends and discuss their opinions in 12 days time? Maybe
the 7th person in your email chain can break the secret code and
the 12th person, may hold the key to World Peace. Are you or someone in your
family the 7th or 12th person?
Remember to bookmark www.12-12-12.org!